Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeling positive

I have been making what I think are the last of some minor revisions on "Stand-In" over the last couple of days and I also redid my synopsis. I sent out a few more queries and I feel pretty good about how my work looks. So, fingers crossed!!!
I have started jotting down alot more for the next in this series as well. The second book is, as of this moment untitled, but I do have a few name possibilities bouncing around in my head with all the other ideas.
Also, on another note, totally unrelated to my book(s), we are in the process of getting a new family dog. Our beloved lab, Sadie, passed away in February at the age of 18. I swore I would never want another dog, because no other dog could ever replace her. She was amazing and I miss her tremendously. But, alas, my kids want a dog, and I find the idea growing on myself as well. This dog will not replace my Sadie, but will be a new and different dog for us to share our love with.
We have visited our local animal shelter, and while hubby and the kids fell in love with a chocolate lab mix, I myself fell head over heels for a dog I have named Tucker, even though he is not yet mine to name. He is, without a doubt, a mix of many breeds. A mutt, if you will. But I knew in an instant that he is wonderful. Nothing is certain at this point though, as there is a waiting period in which the owners who may have lost track of their animals have an opportunity to reclaim them. We will know more in a couple of days as to whether either of these animals is still available for adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment